What is Carer’s Allowance?
Carer’s Allowance (CA) is a benefit that you can claim if you are a full-time carer. You can get £66.15 a week.
You can claim CA if you are in work, but you must not earn more than £123 a week. CA is not affected by any savings you have.
You qualify for CA if you:
- Spend more than 35 hours a week caring for someone,
- Are 16 or over,
- Are not in full-time education,
- Live in the UK and are not subject to immigration control,
- Earn less than £123 per week (after tax, National insurance and half of any pension contributions), and
- Care for someone who gets
CA can be backdated for up to 3 months as long as you met the criteria during that time.
How do I apply?
You can apply for Carer’s Allowance online or by completing a paper form. To ask for a claim form, contact the Carer’s Allowance Unit on 0345 608 4321. To apply online use this link: Carer's Allowance.