You are currently in the en section of the site.

No thank you, please close this banner.

Within this section

  1. What you're entitled to

    Find out what Welfare Benefits you are entitled to. Learn how to use online benefit calculators, or how to contact a welfare rights adviser.

  2. Universal Credit

    Universal Credit is a Benefit you can claim if you have a low income or you're too unwell to work. Find out how to claim with a mental illness.

  3. Employment and Support Allowance

    Employment and Support Allowance is a Benefit option if you can’t work as a result of illness or disability. Find out how to apply with a mental illness.

  4. Jobseeker’s Allowance

    You can claim Jobseeker’s Allowance with a mental health condition if you are unemployed or working less than 16 hours per week and looking for work.

  5. Income Support

    Find out how to claim Income Support - a means-tested benefit which gives you a basic living income - when living with a mental health illness?

  6. Incapacity Benefit

    Incapacity benefit has now been replaced by the Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). Find out what this means if you have a mental illness.

  7. Severe Disablement Allowance

    Severe Disablement Allowance was a benefit you could claim if you were too unwell to work. The DWP have replaced this with Employment & Support Allowance (ESA).

  8. Statutory Sick Pay

    Statutory Sick Pay is paid by your employer if you're too unwell to work. Find out if you can claim statutory sick pay because of your mental health.

  9. Working Tax Credits

    Find out if you can claim working tax credits - designed to top up your earnings if you're on a low working income - when living with a mental health condition.

  10. Personal Independence Payment

    Personal Independent Payment (PIP) is a benefit you can claim if you need help with daily activities or getting around because of an long-term illness or disability.

  11. Housing Benefit

    Housing Benefit is available to help people on a low income pay their rent. Find out how to claim housing benefit with a mental health condition.

  12. Support for Mortgage Interest

    Support for Mortgage Interest is available to help you with interest payments on your mortgage. Find out how to claim if you have a mental illness.

  13. Council tax: Exemptions and discounts

    If you live with a severe mental impairment, you could be able to claim a council tax exemption or discount for mental health.

  14. Social Fund

    The government's Social Fund benefit can help with one-off or occasional payments if you are on a low income. See if you meet the criteria.

  15. Cold Weather Payment

    If you claim certain benefits you may be able to get a Cold Weather Payment to help with your heating costs during periods of very cold weather. Find out how.

Please tell us more

For urgent help, please see Help & contacts