Universal Credit contact numbers
Are you looking for a Universal Credit contact number? We list all the Universal Credit contact numbers, which can help you with any Universal Credit query.
|Universal Credit department||Contact number|
|Universal Credit helpline||0800 328 5644|
|Universal Credit textphone||0800 328 1344|
Universal Credit contact number
This Universal Credit contact number will help you if:
- You can’t use the Universal Credit digital service to make a claim.
- You have a question about your claim and cannot access it online.
Telephone:0800 328 5644 (calls are free from landlines and mobiles)
Textphone: 0800 328 1344
Telephone (Welsh language): 0800 328 1744
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
Calls to these Universal Credit helplines are free from landlines and mobiles. If you’re calling about a Universal Credit claim, we advise that you call from the phone number you gave the DWP when you set up your Universal Credit account.
Citizens Advice contact details
Citizens Advice is a network of 316 independent charities throughout the United Kingdom that gives free, confidential information and advice. They can assist you with Universal Credit problems and give advice on debt, benefits, housing and other issues.
Find your local Citizens Advice service: www.citizensadvice.org.uk.
Telephone: 0800 144 8444
Wales: 0800 0241 220
Scotland: 0800 023 2581
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm
Jobcentre Plus is a government support service that helps working-age people find jobs.
Find your local Jobcentre Plus: https://find-your-nearest-jobcentre.dwp.gov.uk/
Your local authority
Many local authorities have benefits advisers who can help you with a Universal Credit enquiry. You can find the contact details for your local authority here.
Money Advice Service
The Money Advice Service website helps people improve their money situation. Call them for any debt advice, or to find a local debt adviser.
Telephone: 0800 138 7777 (Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm)
Webchat: Launch (Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm or Saturday, 8 am to 3 pm.)
WhatsApp: 07701 342744 (Ask questions about debt, borrowing and pensions)
Universal Credit Mental Health Guide
Universal Credit resources
- Introduction to Universal Credit
How will moving to Universal Credit affect you
- What benefits is Universal Credit replacing?
- How will Universal Credit affect Child Tax Credits?
- How will Universal Credit affect Working Tax Credits?
- How will Universal Credit affect my Income Support?
- How will Universal Credit affect my ESA?
- How will Universal credit affect Housing Benefit?
- How will Universal Credit affect Council Tax?
Help with your Universal Credit claim
- How to apply for Universal Credit
- How to fill in your Universal Credit application form
- How to reapply for Universal Credit
- What is the Universal Credit Claimant Commitment?
- How to claim Universal credit with a mental health condition
- How to prepare for your Universal Credit Work Capability Assessment
- How to claim Universal Credit when working
- How to claim Universal Credit when self employed
- How to claim Universal Credit as a student?
- Help if you already claim Universal Credit
- Universal Credit sanctions
- Challenging a Universal Credit decision
- Universal Credit resources