Requesting evidence for Universal Credit letter template
This letter template can be used to request evidence from medical professionals for a Universal Credit claim. Download today.
You can use this letter to ask your healthcare or medical professionals for information about your health. You can then use this evidence to support your Universal Credit claim.
It’s important to understand that not all healthcare professionals are able or willing to write supporting letters, and they are not obliged to do so. Still, it is worth asking them and stressing how it could help your claim – they can charge a fee for writing this letter/report.
Follow these simple instructions to request evidence for a Universal Credit claim:
- Download the Universal Credit letter template.
- Where you see something written in red, it means you need to add or change something so that the letter is accurate for you.
- Email or print your letter and send to the healthcare or medical professional.
- Once you have received the evidence send this to the DWP.
Requesting your medical evidence is sent to you first
When requesting medical evidence, make sure the person/s you are asking to provide the letter send it to you first rather than directly to the DWP. This ensures you can check that you’re happy with the content and that it is an accurate reflection of your condition and abilities.
- Introduction to Universal Credit
How will moving to Universal Credit affect you
- What benefits is Universal Credit replacing?
- How will Universal Credit affect Child Tax Credits?
- How will Universal Credit affect Working Tax Credits?
- How will Universal Credit affect my Income Support?
- How will Universal Credit affect my ESA?
- How will Universal credit affect Housing Benefit?
- How will Universal Credit affect Council Tax?
Help with your Universal Credit claim
- How to apply for Universal Credit
- How to fill in your Universal Credit application form
- How to reapply for Universal Credit
- What is the Universal Credit Claimant Commitment?
- How to claim Universal credit with a mental health condition
- How to prepare for your Universal Credit Work Capability Assessment
- How to claim Universal Credit when working
- How to claim Universal Credit when self employed
- How to claim Universal Credit as a student?
- Help if you already claim Universal Credit
- Universal Credit sanctions
- Challenging a Universal Credit decision
- Universal Credit resources