What is the most I will have to pay?
If you have to pay towards the cost of your residential accommodation, your income should not fall below the ‘Minimum Income Amount’ (MIA). The MIA is currently £28.50 a week.
Sometimes, you may be left with more than the MIA. For example, if you have children to care for, or to pay for the upkeep of a property that has been disregarded.
- What is residential care and will I have to pay?
- What is capital and how will the local authority assess this?
- How will the local authority assess my income?
- What is the most I will have to pay?
- What are top-up fees?
- What are Deferred Payment Agreements (DPA)?
- The Mental Health Act and section 117 aftercare
- What if I cannot afford the charges?
- Next steps