Citizens Advice is a network of 316 independent charities throughout the United Kingdom that give free, confidential information and advice to assist people with money, legal, consumer and other problems. Web chat available on website.
Telephone - 03444 111 444Same as costs calling 01 or 02 for landline
Carer’s Allowance Unit
Money to help you look after someone who needs to be cared for.
Address - Carers Allowance Unit Mail Handling Site A Wolverhampton WV98 2AB
Telephone - 0345 608 4321Up to 9p per minute for landlines, 3p – 55p per minute for mobiles.
(Mon – Thurs 8:30am – 5pm Fri – 8:30am – 4pm )
- What is residential care and will I have to pay?
- What is capital and how will the local authority assess this?
- How will the local authority assess my income?
- What is the most I will have to pay?
- What are top-up fees?
- What are Deferred Payment Agreements (DPA)?
- The Mental Health Act and section 117 aftercare
- What if I cannot afford the charges?
- Next steps