You are currently in the wal section of the site.

No thank you, please close this banner.

Within this section

  1. How do I check what I’m entitled to?

  2. Universal Credit

  3. Employment and Support Allowance

  4. Jobseeker’s Allowance

  5. Income Support

  6. Incapacity Benefit

  7. Severe Disablement Allowance

  8. Statutory Sick Pay

    Find out how to claim statutory sick pay when you have a mental health condition. Learn everything you need to know about statutory sick pay if you work but have to take time off because of your mental health.

  9. Working Tax Credits

    Find out what working tax credits are and how you can claim them with a mental health condition.

  10. Personal Independence Payment

  11. Housing Benefit

    What is Housing Benefit? Can you claim housing benefit with a mental health condition? Find out more with this housing benefit and mental health guide.

  12. Support for Mortgage Interest

    Learn how to claim Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI) when you are living with a mental health condition. We explain what Support for Mortgage Interest is and when you have to pay it back.

  13. Council Tax: Exemptions and Support to pay

  14. Social Fund

  15. Next steps

Please tell us more

For urgent help, please see Help & contacts