How will I get my Universal Credit payments?
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will pay your Universal Credit (UC) into your bank account once a month. If you claim as a couple, you can choose which of your accounts to get the money in – you may have a joint account and you can get the money paid into here.
If you are struggling with monthly payments, you might be able to get your UC weekly or fortnightly, which is personal budgeting support. You can find more information about this in the Personal Budgeting Support Guidance page.
- What is Universal Credit?
- How much can I get?
- What if I am working or studying?
- What if I care for someone or have children?
- What about my housing costs?
- How will income, savings and property affect my Universal Credit?
- Will the Benefit Cap affect me?
- How will I get my Universal Credit payments?
- What is the claimant commitment?
- Can I appeal if I disagree with a decision?
- When will I have to claim?
- Next steps