Drawing up a budget sheet
The best option for you to deal with your debts will often depend on how much money you have available to pay them each month, after you have paid for all of your essential bills.
The way to find out how much you have available to pay your debts each month is to draw up a budget sheet. You can read more about how to put together a budget sheet and also use our handy budget planner.
- Priority and non-priority debts
- Bank accounts and debt
- Drawing up a budget sheet
- Negotiating reduced payments to your debts
- Free Debt Management Plans
- Debt Arrangement Scheme
- Trust Deeds
- Formal bankruptcy or a ‘sequestration’
- Write Offs
- Will I be 'blacklisted'?
- What can creditors do if I don't pay?
- Should I tell creditors about my mental health?
- Getting help from a specialist adviser
- Next steps