You are currently in the scot section of the site.

No thank you, please close this banner.

Last updated:

Welfare advice for a PIP claim

Claiming Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can be complicated and stressful if you have a mental health condition. Speak to a welfare rights adviser if you need help with your PIP claim.

How can a welfare rights advisor help me apply for PIP

Several welfare rights organisations within Scotland can help you with your PIP claim. However, the service each organisation offers can differ.

Welfare rights advisors may be able to help with the following when applying for PIP:

Where can I get welfare advice for PIP?

You can get welfare rights advice from Mental Health and Money Advice, Citizens Advice and Turn2Us.  Here at Mental Health and Money Advice, we have skilled advisors that can help you with your PIP claim and provide informed advice.

You can also phone the Support in Mind National Information Service which is open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 4.30 pm and can be contacted on 0300 323 1545.

The National Information Service will signpost you to local support that will best fit your needs.

Mental Health and Money Advice for PIP

While you wait to get an appointment with a welfare advisor, you can use our free Mental Health and Money Advice PIP guide which explains the entire PIP process.

Can I get legal aid for a PIP claim?

Legal aid is not available for help with PIP claims unless you need to appeal a PIP decision to an Upper Tribunal.

Share this article

Within this subject


Is this article helpful to you?

Was this article helpful to you?

Please tell us more

For urgent help, please see Help & contacts