Personal Independence Payment
Personal Independent Payment (PIP) is a benefit you could claim if you have a mental health condition and need help day-to-day, help with getting around, or both. However, from June 2022, adults living in Scotland who receive PIP started to have their PIP benefit transferred over to Adult Disability Payment by Social Security Scotland.
New PIP applications are no longer being accepted so you will have to apply for Adult Disability Payment (ADP). It is anticipated that all existing PIP claimants will have their award transferred over to ADP by summer 2024.
Find out more about Personal Independence Payment for mental health problems.
- Social Security Scotland Benefits
- How do I check what I’m entitled to?
- Universal Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Incapacity Benefit
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Working Tax Credits
- Personal Independence Payment
- Housing Benefit
- Support for Mortgage Interest
- Council Tax: Exemptions and Support to pay
- Social Fund
- Next steps