What is the most I will have to pay?
If you have to pay towards the cost of your residential accommodation, your income should not fall below the ‘personal expenses allowance’ (PEA), which is currently £25.80 a week.
In some cases, you may be left with more than the PEA, if you have children to care for or you have to pay for the upkeep of a property that has been disregarded, for example.
- What is residential care?
- Will I have to pay for residential care?
- What is capital and how will the local authority assess this?
- What is the most I will have to pay?
- What are top-up fees?
- What are Deferred Payment Agreements (DPA)?
- Free care for people who have a mental illness
- Free personal care for people over 65
- What if I cannot afford the charges?
- How can I deal with problems about charges?
- Next steps