How will I get my Universal Credit payments?
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will pay your Universal Credit (UC) into your bank account once a month. You can choose which bank account to receive the money into - so if you claim as a couple, you can ask for the money to be deposited into a joint account.
You can also request that your Universal Credit payment is paid weekly or fortnightly. In addition, you can ask for the Housing costs Element of Universal Credit to be paid directly to your landlord.
- What is Universal Credit?
- How much can I get?
- What if I am working or studying?
- What if I care for someone or have children?
- What about my housing costs?
- How will income, savings and property affect my Universal Credit?
- Will the Benefit Cap affect me?
- How will I get my Universal Credit payments?
- What is the claimant commitment?
- Can I appeal if I disagree with a decision?
- When will I have to claim?
- Next steps