Money Advice Service
You can use the Money Advice Service website to find a debt adviser near you and gain advice on other debt matters.
Address - 120 Holborn, London EC1N 2TD
Telephone - 0800 915 4633(Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturday 9.30am to 1pm)
National charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.
Address - 200 Shepherds Bush Road, London W6 7NL
Telephone - 0808 802 2000Free Helpline: for those who find it challenging to go online
(09:00 – 17:30 Monday - Friday)
Citizens Advice is a network of 316 independent charities throughout the United Kingdom that give free, confidential information and advice to assist people with money, legal, consumer and other problems. Web chat available on website.
Telephone - 03444 111 444Same as costs calling 01 or 02 for landline
Carer’s Allowance Unit
Money to help you look after someone who needs to be cared for.
Address - Carers Allowance Unit Mail Handling Site A Wolverhampton WV98 2AB
Telephone - 0345 608 4321Up to 9p per minute for landlines, 3p – 55p per minute for mobiles.
(Mon – Thurs 8:30am – 5pm Fri – 8:30am – 4pm )
Support in Mind Scotland
Support in Mind Scotland seek to support and empower all those affected by mental illness, including family members, carers and supporters.
Address - 6 Newington Business Centre, Dalkeith Road Mews, Edinburgh, EH16 5GA
Telephone - 0131 662 4359(Monday - Friday between 9am - 5pm)
- What is social care?
- When can the local authority charge me for non-residential services?
- What is a financial assessment?
- Self-Directed Support
- Will I have to pay for compulsory treatment services?
- I’m a carer; will the local authority charge me?
- What if I cannot afford the charges?
- How can I deal with problems about charges?
- Can I get a Direct Payment or SDS payment?
- How will the local authority pay me?
- What can I spend SDS payment on?
- What are my responsbilities?
- When will my SDS payments end?
- I'm a carer; can I get SDS payments?
- Next steps