When will I have to claim?
Universal Credit (UC) is available throughout the country. You will only need to claim Universal Credit if you are making a new claim for benefits.
However, there are a few circumstances where you will not need to claim Universal Credit if you are making a new claim for benefits:
- You are in receipt of a Severe Disability Premium or you have received the Severe Disability Premium within the last month and you’re still eligible for it.
- What is Universal Credit?
- How much can I get?
- What if I am working or studying?
- What if I care for someone or have children?
- What about my housing costs?
- How will income, savings and property affect my Universal Credit?
- Will the Benefit Cap affect me?
- How will I get my Universal Credit payments?
- What is the claimant commitment?
- Can I appeal if I disagree with a decision?
- When will I have to claim?
- Next steps