What about my property rates?
If your property is empty because of your stay in hospital it will be exempt from paying rates. You or the trusted person managing your money will need to inform the Land and Property Services about this on the application form - Exclusion from rating an empty home.
- How can going into hospital affect my finances?
- Should I tell anyone that I have gone into hospital?
- Will my employer pay me while I’m in hospital?
- I was claiming benefits when I went into hospital. What will happen to them?
- What about my property rates?
- What happens after 28 days of being in hospital?
- What will happen after 52 weeks of being in hospital?
- I was claiming Universal Credit, what happens to that?
- How can I pay my bills if I am in hospital?
- I can’t afford my debts, what can I do?
- What if I cannot look after my money?
- Next steps