I was claiming Universal Credit, what happens to that?
You will need to inform the Social Security Agency that you are in hospital, especially if you are unable to update your online account or meet your ‘claimant commitment’. If you are unable to do this, your family member may need to contact them.
- How can going into hospital affect my finances?
- Should I tell anyone that I have gone into hospital?
- Will my employer pay me while I’m in hospital?
- I was claiming benefits when I went into hospital. What will happen to them?
- What about my property rates?
- What happens after 28 days of being in hospital?
- What will happen after 52 weeks of being in hospital?
- I was claiming Universal Credit, what happens to that?
- How can I pay my bills if I am in hospital?
- I can’t afford my debts, what can I do?
- What if I cannot look after my money?
- Next steps