Some useful tools
National charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.
Address - 200 Shepherds Bush Road, London W6 7NL
Telephone - 0808 802 2000Free Helpline: for those who find it challenging to go online
(09:00 – 17:30 Monday - Friday)
Universal Credit Helpline
Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. It’s paid monthly - or twice a month for some people in Scotland. You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income or out of work. Whether you can claim Universal Credit depends on where you live and your circumstances.
Telephone - 0800 328 9344 Textphone: 0800 328 1344(Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm)
Advice Northern Ireland (NI)
Advice NI exists to provide leadership and services to our 62 member organisations and to ensure accessible advice services across Northern Ireland.
Address - 1 Rushfield Avenue, Belfast, BT7 3FP
Telephone - 0808 802 0020/ 0289 064 5919Free phone for 0800 number
(Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm )
- What is the Work Capability Assessment?
- How do I fill in the health questionnaire?
- Will I have to go for a medical assessment?
- What happens next?
- What is the support group or the limited capability for work-related activity element?
- What is the work-related activity group (WRAG)?
- Health questionnaire descriptors
- Assessment for limited capability for work-related activity
- Next steps