Universal Credit (UC) is a new benefit you can claim if you have a low income. You might be able to get it if you are working on a low income, or if you are too unwell to work.
The money you get will depend on your circumstances, but could include money to live on and money to pay your rent.
- How do I check what I’m entitled to?
- Universal Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Incapacity Benefit
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Working Tax Credits
- Personal Independence Payment
- Housing Benefit
- Support for Mortgage Interest
- Rates: Exemptions and Support to pay
- Social Fund
- Next steps