Incapacity Benefit was a benefit you used to be able to claim if you were too unwell to work. However, now, you can't make a new claim for Incapacity Benefit anymore as Employment and Support Allowance has replaced it, but some people still get Incapacity Benefit.
We can't say exactly when the SSA will reassess you for Employment and Support Allowance if you are still getting Incapacity Benefit, but your local Jobs and Benefits Office may be able to tell you. The SSA will contact you when they are going to review your Incapacity Benefit claim and you do not need to do anything before they contact you.
- How do I check what I’m entitled to?
- Universal Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Incapacity Benefit
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Working Tax Credits
- Personal Independence Payment
- Housing Benefit
- Support for Mortgage Interest
- Rates: Exemptions and Support to pay
- Social Fund
- Next steps