You can use the MoneyHelper website to find a debt adviser near you and gain advice on other debt matters. Webchat is available at the website, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm Saturday, 8am to 3pm. WhatsApp us with questions about debt, borrowing and pensions on 07701342744.
Address - 120 Holborn, London EC1N 2TD
Telephone - 0800 138 7777(Monday to Friday (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.) The line is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and bank holidays)
National charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.
Address - 200 Shepherds Bush Road, London W6 7NL
Telephone - 0808 802 2000Free Helpline: for those who find it challenging to go online
(09:00 – 17:30 Monday - Friday)
- What is breathing space?
- What is a mental health breathing space?
- Priority and non-priority debts
- Bank accounts and debt
- Drawing up a budget sheet
- Negotiating reduced payments to your debts
- Free Debt Management Plans
- Administration Order
- Debt Relief Order
- Individual Voluntary Arrangement
- Write Offs
- Will I be 'blacklisted'?
- What can creditors do if I don't pay?
- Should I tell creditors about my mental health?
- Getting help from a specialist adviser
- What to know about loan sharks
- Next steps