Key points of this subject
- Private healthcare means paying outside the NHS for the health services you want.
- Choosing to pay for mental health services can have advantages, including a better choice of when and where you are treated.
- You can access private mental healthcare in different ways. Most of the time it is best to ask your GP about a referral.
- Private mental healthcare is generally quite expensive. This depends on what type of service you need.
- You can complain about a service if you are not happy.