I'm a carer; can I get SDS payments?
If you care for someone with a mental illness, you might have your own needs. If you are over 16 and have eligible social care needs, you can get Self Directed Support (SDS) payments to meet these needs.
- What is social care?
- When can the local authority charge me for non-residential services?
- What is a financial assessment?
- Self-Directed Support
- Will I have to pay for compulsory treatment services?
- I’m a carer; will the local authority charge me?
- What if I cannot afford the charges?
- How can I deal with problems about charges?
- Can I get a Direct Payment or SDS payment?
- How will the local authority pay me?
- What can I spend SDS payment on?
- What are my responsbilities?
- When will my SDS payments end?
- I'm a carer; can I get SDS payments?
- Next steps