National charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.
Address - 200 Shepherds Bush Road, London W6 7NL
Telephone - 0808 802 2000Free Helpline
(09:00 – 20:00 Monday - Friday)
Address - 46 Donegall Pass, Belfast, BT7 1BS
Telephone - 028 9023 1120
Advice Northern Ireland (NI)
Advice NI exists to provide leadership and services to our 62 member organisations and to ensure accessible advice services across Northern Ireland.
Address - 1 Rushfield Avenue, Belfast, BT7 3FP
Telephone - 0808 802 0020/ 0289 064 5919Free phone for 0800 number
(Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm )
Universal Credit Helpline
Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. It’s paid monthly - or twice a month for some people in Scotland. You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income or out of work. Whether you can claim Universal Credit depends on where you live and your circumstances.
Telephone - 0800 328 9344 Textphone: 0800 328 1344(Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm)
- What is Universal Credit?
- How much can I get?
- What if I am working or studying?
- What if I care for someone or have children?
- What about my housing costs?
- How will income, savings and property affect my Universal Credit?
- Will the Benefit Cap affect me?
- How will I get my Universal Credit payments?
- What is the claimant commitment?
- Can I appeal if I disagree with a decision?
- When will I have to claim?
- Next steps